- Bend-insensitive singlemode optical fibres.Prysmian Group believes that bend-insensitive optical fibres shouldn’t have to come at the expense of other characteristics. But in addition to the broadly accepted specifications of the world’s most deployed fibre – the G.652 standard single mode optical fibre.
- That’s why Prysmian Group is proud to introduce its BendBright® family: the original BendBright (G.657.A1) and the industry leading FTTH product – the BendBrightXS (G.657.A2&B2).
- BendBright – the world’s first introduced bend improved fibre.
- More than four years in advance of the first G.657.A ITU-T recommendation, the fibre encompasses all the features of Enhanced singlemode ESMF fibre, and provides high resistance to additional losses, thanks to macro and micro-bending – particularly in the 1600 nm wavelength region.
- Prysmian Group’s singlemode optical fibre for FTTH deployment combines excellent low macro-bending sensitivity (G.657.A2 and G.657.B2 compliant) and all the features of regular E-SMF (G.652.D compliant). It permits the use of one fibre type, from the central office to the optical network terminal.
- BendBrightXS is protected with Desolite Supercoatings.